Menu bar

Crochet coasters for St Valentine Day

10.1.15
After some knitted designs I wold like to show the crochet one. This is fancy and easy project - Valentine Heart Coasters. I designed them while was working on my other crochet project where little heart is used as an applique.



After I crocheted first heart I couldn't stop and made another three. All of them look different but they are made using the same pattern. I used Phil 3 cotton yarn in light pink and dark pink colors and 3.0 mm hook . This is sport/ 5-ply yarn. I have already used it for couples of my knitted projects. It is really great and easy to work with and the color palette is great too. But I think these hearts can be made with any color combination and different yarn type.

First heart is crocheted with dark pink yarn and decorated with spiral in light pink color.


Second one, which is my favorite, is made in stripped pattern and also decorated with spiral.


Below is a picture of process before heart was decorated with the border and spiral.


Third heart is simply made with dark pink color and decorated with contrast border in light pink color.


And the final one, forth heart is made in light pink color and decorated with crab stitch border in dark pink color.


Which one is your favorite?
So, I wrote a photo-tutorial to make them that can be purchased from my pattern storee:

on Ravelry:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/valentine-hearts-coasters

on Craftsy:
http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/crocheting/home-decor/valentine-heart-coasters/127316

No comments:

Post a Comment