Menu bar

White Cockatoo Scarf

1.2.15
Some time ago I found a beautiful parrot scarf in the web and wanted to knit one for myself. I spent some time looking for a knitting pattern for it but unfortunately I did not find anything. Finally I decided to design my own hand knitted version of this scarf. So, today I am ready to share my White Cockatoo Scarf.


My scarf is knitted with a check pattern that looks the same on both wrong and right sides. I used Drops merino extra fine wool yarn in white colour and 3.5 mm knitting needles to make this scarf. The opposite end of the scarf is decorated with two-colour fringe in white and yellow colour.
Metal crocodile clip inside the parrot beak works as a clasp which allows drape the scarf beautifully around the neck.


The scarf itself is pretty easy to knit. It just needs a patience and neatness to assemble the parrot head.


I also wrote a knitting pattern for my White Cockatoo Scarf which contains step-by-step photo-tutorial for knitting of aigrette and assembly process.
The knitting pattern can be downloaded from one of my stores:

on Ravelry: 
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/white-cockatoo-scarf

on Craftsy: 
http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/knitting/accessory/white-cockatoo-scarf/130108

on Etsy:
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/220898616

or hard copy on eBay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252318232535

4 comments:

  1. I totally love this and want to make one!! I only crochet!! Do you know of a pattern for crocheting?? Help!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your compliment. :) Unfortunately I haven't seen similar crochet pattern, sorry.

      Delete
  2. I made it for my sister who had a Cockatoo, she loved it. Now making one for a friend in American/Canadian border who has a Cockatoo called Dusty and another one for a friend in the Isle of Man who has one called Kiki hope they were be thrilled too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! I really happy to hear that your sister loves her new scarf!

      Delete